DiscoverJBLM.com gets many visits from those looking to PCS here. One of the top questions we are asked is, “What’s the weather like?" Keep in mind, the home page of DiscoverJBLM.com always features the latest weather.
Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM), located in Washington State, experiences a climate that varies significantly throughout the year. The weather at JBLM is influenced by its proximity to the Pacific Ocean and the Cascade Range, resulting in distinct seasons with varying temperatures and precipitation patterns. Here is an overview of the weather at Joint Base Lewis McChord year-round:
Summer (June to August):
- Summers at JBLM are short, typically lasting from June to August.
- During this season, the weather is warm, with average high temperatures ranging from the mid-70s to the low 80s Fahrenheit. The end of July and into August can get up to 90 degrees which many find unbearable after living in this cooler climate year round. Most homes do not have air conditioning and families generally buy a portable air conditioner.
- The days are generally dry and partly cloudy, making it an ideal time for outdoor activities.
Fall (September to November):
- Fall at JBLM sees a gradual cooling of temperatures.
- Average highs in the fall range from the mid-60s to the low 70s Fahrenheit.
- Rainfall increases during this season, with occasional overcast days.
Winter (December to February):
- Winters at JBLM are cooler and wet. Rarely below freezing.
- Average high temperatures in winter hover in the mid-40s to low 50s Fahrenheit.
- Rainfall is frequent, and snowfall can occur once or twice up to a foot of snow, although it's not as common as rain and it goes away quickly.
Spring (March to May):
- Spring brings milder temperatures and increasing sunshine.
- Average highs in the spring range from the mid-50s to the low 60s Fahrenheit.
- Rainfall begins to taper off, and the region starts to bloom with springtime vegetation.
It's important to note that the weather at JBLM can be quite changeable, and residents should be prepared for varying conditions throughout the year. Whether you're stationed at Joint Base Lewis-McChord or planning a visit, understanding the year-round weather patterns is essential for making the most of your time in this region of Washington State.
#jblmweather #jointbaselewismcchordweather #fortlewisweather #mcchordweather #discoverjblm